Australian secondary school students' use of tobacco, alcohol, and over-the-counter and illicit substances in 2011
The Centre for Behavioural Research in Cancer at The Cancer Council Victoria gratefully acknowledges the cooperation and assistance of the following people and organisations in the running of this survey:
- All of the students who participated in the survey.
- Staff of the participating schools.
- State Departments of Education.
- State and Diocese Catholic Education Offices.
- State Associations of Independent Schools.
- Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing.
- The Cancer Council Victoria.
- Department of Health, Victoria.
- NSW Health Department, Health Survey Program, Centre for Epidemiology and Research.
- Centre for Epidemiology and Evidence, NSW Ministry of Health.
- Centre for Population Health, NSW Ministry of Health.
- Mental Health & Drug and Alcohol Office, NSW Ministry of Health.
- Cancer Institute, NSW.
- The Cancer Council South Australia.
- Drug and Alcohol Services, South Australia.
- Tobacco Control Research and Evaluation, South Australia.
- Health Department of Western Australia – Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Branch, Drug and Alcohol Office.
- Health Department of Western Australia, Chronic Disease Prevention Tobacco Policy Team.
- Cancer Council Queensland.
- Queensland Health. Top of page
- ACT Health, Epidemiology Branch, Population Health Division.
- The Cancer Council Tasmania.
- Drug and Alcohol Services, Department of Health and Human Services, Tasmania.
- Population Health, Department of health and Human Services, Tasmania.
- Premiers Physical Activity Council, Department of Sport and
- Department of Education, Tasmania
- Northern Territory Government, Department of Health-Alcohol and Other Drugs Program.
- Kerry Ettridge, Greg Sharplin and Gemma Skaczkowski, The Cancer Council South Australia
- Cathy Baker and Melanie Thompson, Epidemiology Branch, Population Health Division, ACT Health
- Margo Barr and Baohui Yang, Health Survey Program, Centre for Epidemiology and Research, NSW Health Department
- Chris Moon, Tania Davidson and Susan Fong, Northern Territory Government, Department of Health-Alcohol and Other Drugs Program Allison Christou, Pauline Griffiths and Rebecca Hood, Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Branch, Drug and Alcohol Office, Health Department of Western Australia
- Loren Youl, Lyndy Lowmow, Jennifer Phillips, Anna Zarb and Peter Tyrell, The Cancer Council Tasmania
- Pip Youl and Alison Dowling, Cancer Council Queensland
- Jenny Madden, Community Solutions, Queensland
- Angela Brooks, McNair Ingenuity Research, NSW
- Jeanette McQueen, Savant Surveys and Strategies, WA
- Emily Bariola, Cancer Council Victoria.
Bhavani Sridharan, Cancer Council Victoria, coordinated data coding and data cleaning.
Thanks also to all the research assistants who administered the survey to students throughout Australia.